1.01.2013

2012 Recap & 2013 Resolutions

Happy New Year! 

*insert cool graphic that I didn't feel like making HERE*

I can't believe all that happened this year with life and this blog!  It really was a Crazy Awesome Year!

2012

Life Highlights
Graduated High School & got lots of money :)
Started University of Georgia as a First-Year Sophomore
turned 19 (I worked really hard on that one)

Blog Highlights
My blog grew in Followers more than I thought it ever would and I only have you to thank for that!
co-hosted with Claire @ Claire Reads a giveaway hop and read-a-thon
started Indie Revolution

Reading
some of you may know this but I didn't read much at all until about 2 years ago...actually I kinda hated reading
this year I read 110 books
easily reaching my goodreads goal of 75 


2013

Life Goals
as always my main goal is to loose weight! I'm pretty hopeful about this year though because now I can breathe through my nose! thank you painful surgery :)
get a boyfriend...jk ;) maybe

Blog Goals
Writing Reviews after I finish the book!
co-hosting a reading challenge! I hope y'all all have signed up for the UtopYA Reading Challenge
Getting more posts/reviews out- many of you know I now have 3 new reviewers helping me with all the review requests

Reading Goals
I'm going to set my goodreads goal at 100 this year
but I'm hoping to beat my 2012 book count
I'm obviously part of the UtopYA reading challenge well because I'm the challenger.  I chose to do the highest level which is Angel-30 books

AND now my favorite part of the post

Favorite Books of 2012

Miss Me Not by Tiffany King
Really all of Tiffany's contemporaries are my favorite.  She has a way of telling the story that makes me so emotionally involved.  You can truly see the character feeling and acting the way that they do.  I'm so blessed to have been able to meet up with Tiffany a few times in 2012.  She is amazing and I hope she knows how much I love her!



The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
It's no secret that Jessica is an amazing writer.  My friend, Heather, told me that she kicked butt and that I needed to read a book by her and I did and I loved it.  All  of the books that I have read by her have been AMAZING but Callie & Kayden was my favorite.  I also got to meet Jessica at UtopYA con but I'm not sure what kind of impression I left because I was pretty star struck the whole time!



Charade by Nyrae Dawn
There are only 2 books EVER that have made me cry. This was one of them.  I had to blink away tears for a few pages just so I could read the book.  This story was so well written I just never wanted it to end.



Ten Tiny Breathes by K.A. Tucker
As you can probably tell from the list, I was really into contemporaries this year and this one really stood out.  It is beautifully written.  I fell in love with the romance as well as the supporting characters.  And then THAT twist.  I sorta saw it but then I was like Nah she wouldn't do that but she did.  AND she is a super nice person.  I got to meet her in Decatur and chat about her weird Canada candy.



Cornerstone by Misty Provencher
I couldn't put this book down and then after I finished I picked up book 2 immediately.  There is so much discovery into the world as Nalena learns more about it and there is personal discovery for herself.  It takes a lot for a Paranormal to stand out because so many feel alike but this one kept my interest.



Crash by Nicole Williams
Nichole Williams is a genius.  I have read everything by her except for her newest book but I'm sure I'll be reading it soon.  Jude is just one of my favorite book boyfriends EVER!  I don't know how to explain it so I guess you just gotta read it.



  Slammed by Colleen Hoover
When I first started reading this and the conflict of the story was revealed, I was just like oh no she didn't.  I couldn't believe Colleen went there, but she rocked it.  She figured out how that situation would've been for those characters and told it beautifully.  And I will always love saying Butterfly You!



Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout 
Daemon.



The Modified by C.A. Kunz
My favorite Dystopian of the year.  The characters in the story are my favorite.  They are all so complex and not only the ones that are involved in the romance.  Also the picture of the Dystopian world is painted so perfectly.



Awry by Chelsea Fine
This whole trilogy just rocks.  Just the twisted love triangle with the twins and the curse that caused it all!  Crazy and Compelling.  I also had the privilege of meeting Chelsea at utopya con and I was really star struck with her too.  She was so sweet and I just stared wide-eyed saying "i love your books"



My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea Cameron
I was SO lucky to get an ARC of this book and when I finished I tweeted Chelsea saying this one is going to be a hit.  For me it was the kind of book that once I had finished I was not ready for it to end so I immediately opened it back up to my favorite parts to relive them.  I have read it 3 times since it came out.  Yeah I lurve it.



Inescapable by Amy Bartol
I love this author. If you haven't met Amy, you should know she is seriously one of the nicest people I have ever met.  After I met her at utopya, I knew I had to read her books especially since it won 2 awards.  I'm so glad I did because it was amazing.  I just can't figure out what team to pick but I'm currently Team Reed but that may change tomorrow!


What were your favorite books of 2012?  Do you have any resolutions for 2013?

4 comments:

  1. LOVED! You accomplished a lot last year, for sure! 2013 is going to be pretty epic, I think! I'm also looking to get healthier, so I'll keep you on the wagon since you're keeping me on mine with my bog! Here's to 2013, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tess, you're a rock star! I'm sooo impressed with your 2012 accomplishments! I can't wait to see what you'll do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of accomplishments, Tess! You're going to blow away 2013 for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have accomplished so much and I'm so proud of you!!!! You are PURE AWESOMENESS and WE LOVE YOU :) 2013 will be another AWESOME year for you I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete