1.31.2013

Review: Against All Odds by Nancy Hopper


Against All Odds by Nancy Hopper
                              Amazon
Synopsis: Andrea is a young registered nurse, who finds herself attracted to two men at once. The first is a rich, reckless man to whom she desperately wants to belong. The other is a mysterious, handsome man who frightens her, but wants her heart at all cost. Her relationships with these men take Andrea on a journey that challenges her view of herself and her core beliefs about life and love.
Anna's Review:
This was the second book that I have read by Nancy Hopper and I have to say I really liked this book as well. I never knew what to expect from the characters. I always enjoy not being able to guess everything that is not going to happen in the story of a book.

First off, when I really started to get into this book and Andrea's relationships, I really got angry with Andrea. I hate to say but it took me awhile to figure out that there was probably something underneath it all. ;)

Anyways, this love story literally starts off as love at first sight...well for the man anyway. Sandy Shaner is sitting in a hospital cafeteria when he first sees Andrea Michaelson. He immediately likes her. Later, they will end up on the elevator together. However, Andrea finds him to be intimidating.

Their "relationship", if you can call it that, definitely has its hardships. Andrea is fearful of Sandy. But, here is where my irritation comes into play, she is willing to date Shane's motorcycle competition. Ugh :( He is truly a low life.

It seems like Andrea and Sandy will never get together. I feel bad for them because they have so many obstacles to overcome from Andrea's loser boyfriend to her fear of Sandy to her dark secret to lies told in jealousy and for betrayal. There's alot happening in this story.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. It kept me on my toes and had some of my emotions come out.  I would recommend it to everyone.










No comments:

Post a Comment