1.10.2013

Review: Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Goodreads | Amazon 
A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created 'perfect' life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. 

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.
Review:

I don't read a lot of traditionally published books because they are expensive and I normally just don't have time between all the indie review books but I had my eye on this one for forever and it went on sale. I grabbed it so fast, and I was ecstatic that I would finally get to see Simone's writing.

Perfect Chemistry met all my expectations. This is one I read without reading the description so I went in completely blind to what it was about besides there was romance. 

I loved the writing! You can tell that Simone payed a lot of attention to the Latin-American Culture when describing Alex's world. It is sprinkled with Spanish words which really got me in the mindset of Alex and how he would actually think and speak. For the most part I could tell what he was saying. I also loved how she wrote this in alternating point of views. It gave me a chance to get into both Alex's and Brittany's mindset and to really understand their struggle.

The romance was great. It's between the misunderstood hot guy with the image of a bad ass and the beautiful girl whose life isn't as perfect as everyone thinks it is. Both of them are putting up a facade and my favorite part of the book is when they start letting each other get a glimpse into the real them.
They both have a reason that makes it near impossible to be together which makes it a big struggle for the relationship to start. They give something for readers to root for.

I would for sure recommend this book to any fans of the YA Romance Genre! It was an awesome read!




Have you read Perfect Chemistry? If you have, what did you think? If not, is it on your TBR?

1 comment:

  1. I totally loved this book! :D Once I read this one, I actually went out and got the rest && read those too.. I pretty much loved them all (:

    ReplyDelete