2.28.2013

Sapphire Sun Review

Sapphire Sun by Suzi Davis

Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes&Noble
You can't escape the past. You can try to forget but it never truly leaves you. It is a part of who are you are; it has shaped you, it will shape your future. It is the shadow behind you. You can't outrun it, you can't hide from it or deny it - the past will always exist. Who you once were is still a part of who you are today. This, I now understand.

My name is Gracelynn Stevenson. I tried to destroy The Lost Magic. I tried to erase the past. I tried to make things go back to the way that they once were. I failed. And now all the happiness I thought I had found, has been lost to the shadows...

 
 Anna's Review:

Okay, so I have to say that I have really enjoyed this series and if you haven't read them... you are missing out. I have been hooked on this series since book 1. Book 3 really takes you for a ride. I love it.

Gracelynn and Sebastian have survived the explosion but it comes at a price... They are missing critical pieces to their memories. For example, they don't know who they really are. Davis sure does have a thing for losing memories in this series but that's okay because it just makes it more epic.

Grace and Sebastian find themselves back living with the Jensons but they bring along a new friend with them. David was there during the explosion and he seems to have holes in his memory too.

Even with the memory loss, Grace and Sebastian will go on planning their wedding. Planning a wedding seems to be chaotic but what makes matters worse is that Grace starts to remember more and Sebastian doesn't want anything to do with remembering. It feels like they pulling away from each. Grace knows that something is going on when you dreams of a person telling her to follow her destiny and guide some people with natural power like hers. Grace refuses.

To make matters worse, Sebastian disappears. Now, Grace along with David and this new group of people must work together to find Sebastian before it's too late.

Grace and her group travel to an island where they attempt to watch another powerful group who use their power for evil. This is when Grace meets Aed, a man who is almost as powerful as her. Who is Aed and where did he come from? Find out in the book :)

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and series. I definitely recommend it for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment